Acre is seeking a high performing Fire Advisor to oversee 6 colleges across 15 sites and 14 halls of residence overseeing a broad range of property including grade two listed buildings and new builds across residential, retail and catering. The client is an internationally renowned art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts university that spans 130 countries and offers courses to 19,000 students.
- To provide competent advice and guidance on all aspects of fire safety management to estates (facilities and projects), accommodation services, the colleges and across the wider university.
- Undertake and manage the delivery of scheduled fire risk assessments in accordance with the University's procedures. Undertake ad hoc/ temporary fire risk assessments for shows and events, and for any building works/ alterations as necessary. Provide advice on safe systems of work to minimise fire safety risks.
- Develop, implement, review and update the University's fire safety policy, fire management arrangements and fire safety procedures to ensure that the University remains compliant with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and deliver face to face and e-learning fire safety training courses for staff and students based on an assessment of required competence.
- Undertake investigations into fires and fire safety matters, prepare reports and make recommendations to minimise the risks from fire. Support the reporting of all fire incidents in the university.
- Manage the fire risk assessment programme across the university ensuring that fire risk assessments are completed to the highest standard, tracking any actions. to completion. Ensure any immediate risks are escalated as appropriate and action is taken to make them safe.
- Act as the competent person for fire safety on major building project design reviews raising issues with UAL project manager. Review and provide competent input to fire safety strategies for refurbishments and new build premises.
- Maintain own competence including membership of professional institutions; provide advice to the Estates Health and Safety Advisor on relevant significant fire events in the UK and abroad, and upcoming changes to legislation, regulations and guidance relating to fire safety.
- Third party certificated as either a fire risk assessor or auditor, through the Institution of Fire Engineers' Register of Fire Risk Assessors and Auditors or similar, or working towards certification;
- CFPA Diploma in Fire Prevention or level 4 BTEC Diploma in Fire Safety and C05 Certificate in Fire Risk Assessment;
- Relevant fire safety professional qualifications and / or working towards membership with Institution of Fire Engineers or similar organisation;
- The post holder will need to demonstrate suitable experience in both inspection and management of fire safety in a relevant organisation;
- Experience of designing and delivering fire safety training to a diverse audience;
- Thorough up-to-date knowledge of fire safety legislation and best practice;
This is a fantastic chance to join a world renowned university working to implement, improve and uphold their industry leading Fire strategy.