We are working with a London based Housing Association to recruit a Fire Safety Advisor to join their established team. Reporting to the Head of Fire Safety, the role will require close working with direct colleagues, and others across the business as well as with external bodies as required. The main focus of the role will be to provide advice and support on Fire Safety, this will include driving exemplary Fire Safety practice across the organisation. Knowledge of building regulations and standards is essential along with experience of reviewing new build fire strategies. This role can be based from either Sidcup or Stratford.
- Provide expert technical Fire Safety advice for new development projects and within residential areas of the property portfolio.
- Promote a positive Fire Safety culture throughout the organisation.
- Deliver objectives as set out in the annual H&S delivery plan and contribute to the development of PAS7 Fire Risk Management System.
- Improve Fire Safety performance by developing the knowledge and expertise of all employees within the business and its subsidiaries.
- Lead liaison with fire enforcing authorities on behalf of the organisation; attending meetings and conducting site visits as required.
- NEBOSH Fire Management Certificate (minimum) and affiliated with a recognised fire safety institute.
- Experience at a Fire Safety Advisor level, preferably within a Housing/Property related environment.
- Knowledge of building regulations and standards.
- Experience in reviewing new build fire strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to listen and understand the challenges of others when designing policy/guidance.