Our client is a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy that works on some of the UK's most prestigious, high profile infrastructure projects. Due to recent success and growth, they are seeking a Fire Risk Assessor and Fire Risk Consultant to join the Compliance Team. There is a flexible working option, though the role will be primarily site based with frequent travel to clients premises e.g. commercial offices, retail premises, industrials parks etc. to undertake Fire Risk assessments. In keeping with the sustainable approach of the company, pre-arranged public transport is encouraged over driving.
- Recent experience in conducting fire risk assessments and fire safety audits
- Auditor and Assessor qualifications recognised by a professional institution, such as FPA, IFE etc.
- Some understanding of fire dynamics, heat transfer and smoke behaviour principles in enclosed environments (particularly in undergrounds and tunnels);
- Basic understanding on Active Fire Protection (AFP) and Passive Fire Protection (PFP) systems;
- Basic understanding on Fire Safety Engineering principles and tools, such as fire modelling simulation (using zone models such as CFAST and CFD-based models such as FDS) etc.
Qualifications / Experience:
The successful candidate will have:
- Carrying out site visits when needed for conducting Fire Risk Assessments
- Development of Fire Risk Assessment reports
- Assessment and understanding of the main British fire safety legislation and standards applied to buildings, such as Approved Document B (AD B), BS9999, BS7974;
- Supporting on the development of Fire Safety Strategy reports for both, the building and rail sectors
This is an excellent opportunity for an accomplished Fire Risk professional to take on a new challenge and gain further experience within the profession. Your hard work and commitment will be rewarded with a very competitive salary and an attractive bonus and benefits scheme.
For more information regarding this role, please do not hesitate to call Dominic Jacques on 020 7960 2551