Acre is pleased to be partnering with a global infrastructure group to identify an Environmental Manager to join their team for a new project in the South West. Reporting directly into the Head of Environment and Sustainability, you will manage and lead a team of advisors, supporting on Development Consent Orders (DCO) and actively getting involved with community engagement and sustainability projects.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Providing Environment & Sustainability Leadership, advising and guiding all levels within the business, whilst managing, supporting, developing and coaching Environmental and Sustainability Advisors
- Co-ordinating specific environmental and sustainability commitments and initiate project impact assessments for multiple contracts and project teams
- Leading and managing the overall capability, development, deployment and performance of the Environment & Sustainability delivery team
- Advising senior management within strategic Business units on environmental matters
- Working with the wider HSES staff to ensure compliance to environmental standards
This is a great opportunity for a passionate environmental expert to apply their skills in a high-profile business, who are seeking innovative individuals to push the business forward. To be successful within this position, having an affable personality and a desire to develop environmental advisors is critical, as such, proven line management experience is vital to succeed within this role.
To Be Successful, you will
- Be educated to a degree level in environmental management or related subject
- Understand environmental issues within the construction sector
- Be a Practitioner or Full Member of IEMA or equivalent professional membership
- Be well versed in ISO 14001 implementation/maintenance
This role is an outstanding opportunity to grow your career within Environment & Sustainability. Working with a dynamic team, you will be able to implement environmental change in a business that have a great thirst for new ways of working. If you would like to take the next step in your career for one of the leading UK Infrastructure businesses, please apply today.