Environment, Health & Safety Advisor
Gloucester| £35,000 plus excellent benefits & bonus
(Hours: Mon- Thurs - 8am to 4.45pm & Fri - 8am - 12.30pm)
We've been engaged by a specialist industrial manufacturing company to recruit an Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Advisor. The organisation has a global reach and is a leader in their field, this role will be based at their major UK manufacturing facility in Gloucestershire.
Environment, Health and Safety are part of the fabric of this organisation and they have an exceptional track record, this role will join the existing health and safety team and will play a key part in the continuing the success.
Responsibilities for the Environment, Health & Safety Advisor:
- Act as a key point of contact for managers across the organisation on environment, health & safety matters, advise and support the use of relevant management systems (OHSAS18001 & ISO 14001)
- Help to ensure the facility is fully compliant with both UK legislation and the global strategy for health, safety and environment
- Audit safety, health and environmental performance, accurately reporting and investigating incidents and near misses
- Analyse and report on trends, seeking to offer solutions and areas to improve
- Support the risk assessment process across the facility (inc. PUWER, COSHH)
- Engage with key internal and external stakeholders including contractors, regulators, and enforcement agencies where applicable
The successful Environment, Health & Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within a related manufacturing or industrial environment
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate
- Experience with ISO14001 an advantage
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging clients, staff, and contractors
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a global industry leader in a progressive and forward-thinking environment. For more information and to apply please contact Michael Colton on or 01923 432 633
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.