Acre has been engaged exclusively by a world leading pharmaceutical manufacturer to introduce an Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist to join their EHS team in Brinny, West Cork, Ireland.
This is a new role within the EHS team and a fantastic time to join the business. You will play an integral role in developing, maintaining and continually improving the EHS systems at the facility, with a strong emphasis on the Environment within this position.
As the EHS Specialist you will be a technical expert, providing guidance to the organisation to ensure compliance to EHS legal standards and industry best practice, guiding the site on EHS policy and procedures.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement EHS programmes to ensure compliance with local legislation and company standards, Environmental licenses and industry best practices including programmes such as: waste, air & water management, incident investigation, chemical management and emergency response.
- Ensure that all Environmental license requirements are met.
- Assist all department across the facility in achieving and establishing compliance.
- Prepare reports to site, divisional and/or corporate management and regulatory agencies.
- Evaluate all EHS requirements for any new or existing processes and projects.
If you demonstrate strong leadership skills and a passion about the environment, your community and your peers and colleagues, this would be a great opportunity for you to join a fantastic business.
In addition, the successful candidate will have the following:
- Minimum 3 years' experience within an Environmental, Health & Safety role
- Bachelor's Degree in EHS or Technical Degree with post-grad EHS qualification
- Significant experience of working with the EPA and Environmental licenses
- Experience within a highly regulated industry; pharmaceutical or chemical background preferable
Our client is looking for a candidate who is looking for an exciting role in EHS who will in turn, offer a fantastic package and career development.
Please do not hesitate to apply, interviews are happening ASAP!