London Community Rehabilitation Company (CRC) is run by MTC, a company with a wealth of experience in the justice sector and whose vision is to be the most trusted provider of justice services in the UK. We are proud of the work we do with vulnerable people to help them transform their lives.
In the last five years we have made significant progress in reducing re-offending rates and protecting the public across London, and following our most recent inspection (April 2019) London CRC was rated as the only CRC in the country to score ‘Good’ or ‘Requires Improvement’ in each domain.
To continue in our efforts to deliver our three key objectives of working in partnership; being an efficient and effective organisation; and delivering a quality service, we are looking for an experienced and demonstrably effective Project and Health & Safety Manager who would be responsible for all aspects of Health and Safety in Community Payback (CP) across the London CRC.
The CP Project and Health & Safety Manager will be responsible for a newly established CP Project and Health and Safety function, specifically:
- All aspects of health and safety in Community Payback (CP) across the London CRC;
- Setting up and maintenance of CP Projects, thus enabling CP supervisors to deliver every project;
- Providing technical health and safety, fire and, where appropriate environmental advice to London CRC managers and staff in Community Payback and any other locations where CRC staff carry out their work;
- Leading and motivating a newly established team of CP Project Health & Safety Officers to ensure compliance with all health and safety legislation in Community Payback;
- Making recommendations to the Director of Community Payback and/or Head of Health and Safety as to ways in which the quality of the CP service can be continuously improved.
Person specification (all essential)
- Graduate member of IOSH;
- Holds a NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational H&S (or equivalent-NVQ Level 4 or above);
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of health and safety legislation;
- Experience providing professional occupational health and safety advice in a complex environment and delivering H&S training;
- Experience of working with trade unions and managing financial resources including managing budgets;
- Able to establish new team and ensure its effectiveness;
- Ability to manage projects and conduct audits and inspections;
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent recording and IT skills
If this role is of interest to you and you meet the requirements, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will get in touch.