A leading waste management organisation has an opportunity for a Contract HSEQ Adviser join their team. With a head office in Buckinghamshire and covering multiple sites across the South East & Midlands of the UK, you will focus on auditing SHEQ systems and raising and improving the SHEQ compliance standards across the organisation. Working across 4 operational divisions, you will co-operate with other members of the SHEQ team and provide guidance and support to implement all elements of the Integrated Management System.
This role will suit a candidate based in the Midlands or Kent to cover a region that this business operates in.
- Carry out regular SHEQ audit activities across the organisation, including core SHEQ disciplines, ISO compliance and the SHEQ risk profile.
- Identify and report areas of non-compliance in an agreed format. Work with SHE Coaches to follow up corrective/improvement actions.
- Engage with Divisional coaches and the SHEQ Central Function Team to develop audit plans and schedules based on both statutory requirements and operational risk profiles.
- Assist in the development and continuous improvement of the IMS to ensure retention of ISO accreditation.
- Provide performance data and produce monthly reports to a specified format.
- Recognised Level 6 Diploma in OHS and Lead Auditor's qualification for 9001, 14001 and 18001 (45001)
- Recognised environmental awareness and quality management qualification.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to influence and persuade others.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Flexibility to travel and stay away from home.
Reference: MT: 13598