Health & Safety Job; Construction; NEBOSH
Your new company
Hays Health & Safety are working with a consultancy that specialises in services that combines architects, building surveyors, quantity surveyors, electrical, mechanical and environmental engineers, project managers and health and safety specialists.
Your new role
The CDM Advisor/Principal Designer is a key individual who will undertake CDM duties in line with the
CDM 2105 regulations.
In addition the duties will encompass all other Health & safety related duties in
line with current Management of Health & safety at work regulations and associated legislation.
- Carry out the duties and function of the CDM Advisor/Principal Designer and fulfil the role as defined in the CDM Regulations.
- Support other members of the team as CDM Advisor/Principal Designer and/or carry out duties as requested by your line manager or director.
- Where necessary notify the Health & Safety Executive of the project if notification has not been previously given by the Client.
- Prepare the Health & Safety File as required by the Regulations. The Health & Safety File for the project, or each structure comprised in the project.
- Undertake administrative tasks in accordance with the office procedures duties placed on the CDM
- Advisor/Principal Designer
- Produce guidance notes and assist in the preparation of Health and Safety Audits, Risk Assessments and Method Statements within the business activities including the clients LLP and third party clients as and when instructed.
- Respond to queries in line with your knowledge, and experience within the parameters of the knowledge of the particular project.
- Where appropriate, assist with work in connection with marketing initiatives or seminars and workshops
- Where appropriate, and in your capacity as either CDM Advisor/Principal Designer or both assist in
the compilation of the Health and Safety File, manage systems and progress charts.
What you'll need to succeed
Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or Equivalent and proven organisational and administrative skills
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training
- All HS memberships would be paid for
- 23 days holiday plus 1 day for birthday every year
- £2.7K Car allowance
- Yearly bonus dependant on company success
- Yearly salary reviews
- This client will mentor and support the right individual to achieve chartered status of IOSH
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.