Do you have 5 years+ experience in delivering Construction Health and Safety advice and fulfil the duties of a Principal Designer? Have you been providing advice in design meetings in accordance to the CDM regulations? We are looking for an Associate Consultant work as a senior member of the team, leading and supporting in the provision of construction health and safety services to both internal and external clients. You will be required to deliver construction H&S advice and to fulfil the role of CDM Advisor / Principal Designer on a wide variety of projects, from infrastructure and specialist projects (gas, water and energy as well as new build commercial to social housing and office fit-outs). Our client is one of the UK’s largest multidisciplinary consultancies within design, management, infrastructure and civil engineering. Although focused in Northern Ireland projects can be in any location in the UK so, a willingness to travel is required.
- Working as part of a team to deliver the Principal Designer duty and CDM Advisor role
- Undertake site inspections and monitoring visits to determine health & safety compliance
- Attend project, design and other meetings, escalating issues as required by the project plan
- The role includes the capability to lead in the delivery of bid submissions.
- Development of new work and new clients, as well as maintenance of existing clients
- Ability to ensure projects are completed efficiently, to an agreed resource and commercial profile
- Excellent communication, management and team working skills are required
- Educated to degree level in a construction related field with a preference for a design related degree
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or similar technical / professional qualification, with a minimum 5 year’s post qualification experience
- Registered Member of the Association for Project Safety (IMaPS / CMaPS), with CDM 2015
- Technical membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
Reference - JD13430