We are currently recruiting for a Waste Coordinator to join our EHS team in Brimsdown. The successful candidate will be responsible for the tracking and control of materials on to and off of site, ensuring that Brimsdown achieves compliance with the UK Waste Regulations and UK Environmental Regulations with regards to materials/waste movement and storage, as well as achieving compliance with Control of Major Accident Hazards (COMAH) Regulations.
The role holder will be required to provide information and advise key decision makers on issues relating to waste and COMAH compliance across Brimsdown and Royston. The role will also involve liaising with departmental Managers, site EHS teams and Logistics to ensure regulatory control of hazardous materials, COMAH compliance and effective waste management.
- Ensuring all material on the Brimsdown sites is labelled (including customer material, refinery intermediates, material going off-site for further refining or waste)
- Policing all departments and ensuring appropriate labels are affixed to containers leaving a department
- Collating a monthly COMAH inventory of everything on site: gathering input from departments, co-ordinating the response and working with Supply Chain to develop an automated system for COMAH inventory tracking linked to a database for Material Safety Datasheets and CoSHH Assessments
- Auditing the site weekly with regards to waste management
- Co-ordinating the paperwork of all waste leaving the Brimsdown site, to include waste for disposal and Refinery intermediates going for further treatment
- Participating in Duty of Care Audits of suppliers who take our waste, ensuring that these companies hold the relevant certification
- Preparing the quarterly returns to the EA as well as providing copies of documentation to the suppliers of UK Hazardous Waste while working closely with the Regulatory Compliance Lead (based in Royston)
- Preparing the annual waste return for the Brimsdown Environmental Engineer
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Knowledge in ADR for transport of hazardous materials
- Experience in the receipt and shipment of hazardous and non-hazardous waste
- Proficiency in use of IT programs (WSAP/CTS/CRS) and Microsoft Office (including intermediate Excel)
- Good knowledge of all transport documentation (DGN’s, Waste Consignment, MSDS’s)
- Full driving license
- Full knowledge of hazard identification labelling and navigation of label generation programs would be advantageous but not essential
- Good level of written and verbal communication skills
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Candidate applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.