Environmental & Sustainability Advisor - Fixed term 12 months
Your new company
My client a design, refurbishment and fit out contractor based in the Manchester area are currently recruiting for an Environmental & Sustainability Advisor to join their Safety team. With over £200 million worth of projects this is an exciting position to progress development in sustainability, environmental and corporate social responsibility.
Your new role
- You will be responsible for leading, developing and promoting best practice in Responsible Business Practices across the Company.
- You will coordinate and oversee Responsible Business Programmes including facilitating corporate partnerships, designing and implementing programmes to ensure employee engagement in responsible business activities.
- Promote and support compliance with all environmental regulations, and developing policies and programmes to ensure organisational awareness of government legislation and regulatory issues that affect the organisation
- Undertake audits
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful applicants must have the following qualifications and experience:
- Sustainability: A demonstrable interest and understanding of sustainability issues and the ways in which these challenges can be tackled
- Health & Wellbeing: High Awareness of impact of mental health in the workplace and be a positive advocate in promoting good health and well being across
- Environment: Strong Environmental experience including waste management and responsible sourcing is desirable
Must have an environmental qualification (IEMA) and experience working in corporate responsibility and or sustainability & environment
What you'll get in return
You will get a salary of £35,000 per annum +, car allowance, other benefits and working with a great team and organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.