London | £35,000 to £45,000 plus bonus and benefits
We've been engaged by one the of the UK's leading energy and resource management companies, to recruit a Sustainability Advisor. This new position will help to drive the company's sustainability strategy forward, working in close collaboration with the senior management team across the business.
It is an excellent opportunity to shape future sustainability strategy, and work on a range of new initiatives and projects in a dynamic forward-thinking environment.
Responsibilities for the Sustainability Advisor will include:
- Keeping the business and senior management team up to date on the latest developments across sustainability, climate change and ESG
- Leading on the creation and development of the annual sustainability report (including annual GRESB and GRI assessment)
- Developing the climate change adaption strategy and the company's net zero Carbon strategy
- Assist in sustainable target setting and help to integrate sustainability into business decisions across the organisation
- Help to represent the business externally on sustainability issues and champion the sustainability agenda internally across the organisation
The successful Sustainability Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role across environment, sustainability or community engagement
- A positive and enthusiastic approach, with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A related degree (or equivalent) and membership of a relevant membership bodies
- Experience developing and implementing sustainability strategy
- Experience reporting on key environment, sustainability and community metrics
This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate sustainability candidate to develop and grow their career in a forward thinking professional environment. For further details and to apply contact Michael Colton on or 01923 432 633.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Environment, Sustainability, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Advisor positions.