SHEQ Manager, Flexigrid- Tamworth
Greenergy is a privately owned company with a global supply chain responsible for both production and distribution of biodiesel and road fuel across the UK. We sell around 200 million litres of fuel every week to customers including major oil companies and supermarkets.
Summary of the Role
The Flexigrid SHEQ Manager will work with other members of the Safety Health Environment and Quality team across all areas of Greenergy Flexigrid and may occasionally be required to take on SHE tasks elsewhere within the wider Greenergy organisation. The aim of the SHEQ department is to ensure that the standards of risk management that are employed across the company’s own and third party operations are effective in delivering the best possible levels of people, asset, product and service integrity.
The role will have overall line management SHEQ responsibility within Flexigrid and additional SHEQ management support to terminals.
The primary focus of the Flexigrid SHEQ Manager role will be to provide support to Flexigrid operations in the form of event investigation, risk assessment, auditing, training and advice on legislation and good practice. This will require the individual to work effectively with all levels of staff involved in those operations.
You will report directly into the Head of Process Integrity for Greenergy who reports to the main board through the Chairman of the Process Integrity Committee.
- Investigate and report on events arising, with particular focus on Haulage operations but not excluding terminals
- Identifying Root Cause from investigation and checking of close out actions
- Act as a SHEQ adviser during the initial fill process
- Carrying third party audits on hauliers, audits on terminals and Flexigrid operations as required
- Prepare the SHEQ aspect of the Flexigrid management presentation and attend meeting
- Prepare the SHE meeting for Flexigrid Driver safety representatives and chairs, takes notes and feedback.
- Act as Line Manager to the SHEQ Administrator, SHEQ Officer and SHEQ Risk Assessor
- Undertake and assist with development of risk assessments to ensure that sites control and plan their activities appropriately
- Interpret SHEQ Flexigrid data, identify and agree what needs doing to get performance trending in the right direction
- Conduct and assist with external/group audit DGSA, FORS, FTA & ISO (internal auditor)
- Attend UKPIA Haulage group meeting with feedback to the SHEQ Team
- Ensure relevant SHEQ training is provided to all relevant parties
- Update and develop SHEQ policies and procedures
- Work closely with the Greenergy Flexigrid team and all of Greenergy Flexigrid’s third-party service providers to make sure that systems of risk reduction are effective in delivering results to the highest standards. Monitor this by using factual tools to report and compare the incidence of service failures and events across all fuel terminals.
- Plan for and then lead the response to safety and environmental and quality events to implement immediate remedial and longer-term corrective and preventive actions.
- Provide support to the development of SHEQ systems such as Insight (Airsweb) and SHEQ Standards documentation
- Participate in emergency response planning.
- Working knowledge of Road Transport Regulations
- ISO Auditor Experience and Qualified, preferably Lead Auditor Qualified
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Proven managerial experience
- Degree qualified preferable but not essential
- What is essential is some real-world experience of the challenges around Production, Haulage and Logistics.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- The candidate must be numerate, logical and evidence based.
- The role will involve spending regular time with shift workers and travel to the various locations nationally,. Therefore flexibility and the wiliness to stay away and work from home on a regular basis is essential. .
To apply for this role please submit a current CV along with a cover letter highlighting how you meet the competencies for the role and detailing your previous experience.
Your cover letter along with your CV will be used to assess your application, therefore applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we regret to advise you that we are unable to respond to Candidates who are not short listed for this role.
If you should have any queries regarding this position please call Debbie Rees
Strictly No Agencies
Click the APPLY button now