Acre are pleased to be working with an international leader in waste reclamation and recycling solutions, to identify a Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality (SHEQ) Manager for one of their UK divisions. This is a brand-new role within a young division reporting directly into the UK Safety, Health, Environment & Quality Director.
This is an exciting role and an opportunity for highly motivated SHEQ professional to join the division to ensure the sites operate safely and effectively in line with current legislation and company's policies and procedures. You will be hands on in solving problems and will manage environmental monitoring and site reporting to the appropriate regulatory body.
- Control and maintain effective and up to date hazard identification and risk assessment programme
- Liaise where requested with authorities, regulatory and other bodies to ensure legal compliance
- Ensure SHEQ requirements are effectively communicated through site inductions and manage SHEQ competency programmes
- Maintain and ensure ongoing compliance with Environmental Permits and other relevant environmental legislation
- Support the Chemical Exposure Monitoring Programmes (COSHH)
- Support the sites' quality management system
The ideal candidate will have a willingness to learn and be able to adapt quickly to daily changes. Although you will have a lot of support, you must be able work independently and communicate effectively with different parts of the business.
The Successful individual will have:
- Prior experience working in a hazardous waste or organic liquid chemicals environment
- Lead the process for Environmental Permitting and working with the Environment Agency
- Highly motivated and positive "can do" attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Environmental/Science Degree OR NEBOSH diploma/NCRQ OR equivalent.
This is a rare opportunity to move into a highly impactful role within a new yet growing division. You will integrate and expand on the company's polices as well as developing your own creative and strategic ideas. If you believe you have the skills and experience our client is looking for and you are interested in joining an industry leading organization, then please apply now!