Acre has been exclusively engaged by a global construction business to identify their new Health, Safety & Wellbeing (HSW) Lead on a major joint venture. A key member of the senior leadership team and reporting into the joint venture Managing Director, you will provide inspirational leadership and strategic development across all aspects of the business.
* To manage and further develop a high-performing and customer-focused team of health, safety & wellbeing professionals
* Lead, develop and implement the health, safety & wellbeing strategy and objectives to align with the joint venture's aims and ambitions
* Pioneer a cultural change through leadership, coaching and mentoring at all levels within the organisation
* Lead by example to ensure the business delivers a positive economic, social and environmental outcome
* Promote new, innovative approaches and encourage creative thinking, whilst maintaining high standards of compliance across the business
* Develop and implement a new wellbeing strategy that will improve the joint venture and ensure that the organisation is seen as a leader in the industry
The successful candidate will have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of health, safety and wellbeing. You will also have the ability to develop and deliver strategy and will be an excellent communicator. It is vital that the post holder has a high level of gravitas and engagement, delivering their work in an intelligent, strategic and enthusiastic way.
* An experienced health & safety professional with a track record of working in the construction or civil engineering sectors (highways experienced will be viewed favourably)
* Strong influencing skills with a proven ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels
* Proven experience of operational leadership at a senior level, including P&L accountability and operational delivery responsibility
* A professional who embraces change and sees new ways of working as an opportunity to improve, who is creative and innovative, and who seeks new opportunities and ideas
* CMIOSH or GradIOSH working towards chartership
This opportunity is an exceptional chance to make a real difference for a global construction organisation. If you can engage, drive change and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment then apply today.