SHEQ Advisor - Cambridge - £30k - £35k plus company car - Permanent
YOUR NEW COMPANY
A well-established civil engineering and utility contractor is looking for an enthusiastic SHEQ Advisor to join their business. This is a great opportunity to grow and develop your career and have the chance of working with high profile clients.
YOUR NEW ROLE
Reporting directly to the Head of SHEQ you'll act as a key adviser to managers and supervisors on discharging their responsibilities for health and safety, providing guidance and practical solutions to support the health and wellbeing of staff at the company's Cambridge depot.
You will be responsible for:
* Advising on all health, safety and wellbeing matters for the prevention of accidents, ill health, incidents and the practical implementation of the organisation policies
* Reviewing, analysing, and interpreting performance data/trends and produce statistics and reports.
* Assisting in developing and implementing strategies to improve the health and wellbeing of staff
* Working with Head of SHEQ follow up cases of long term sickness absence and assist managers and employees to put in strategies to enable return to work
* Supporting managers and employees to provide a safe working environment for those with disabilities or impairments
* Carrying out DSE Assessments and Inductions
* Managing in the implementation of new initiatives
* Undertaking site H&S inspections and audits as required
* Prepare and deliver H&S and wellbeing training, briefings and presentations
* Monitor and report on health and safety systems and procedures to ensuring they are up to date and comply with current legislation
* Assisting in developing safe systems of work including the preparation of H&S risk assessments and also in the investigation of incidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses and other incidents as directed
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
To be consider for this position you will need to hold a NEBOSH certificate as a minimum and coming ideally from a construction, utilities or engineering background. You also must hold a clean UK driving license.
WHAT YOU'LL GET BY RETURN
You'll be offered £30k - £35k plus company car and other benefits such as access to an excellent pension scheme and financial support on further relevant qualifications.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO NOW
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.