Safety, Health and Environment Business Partner (SHE)
Location: Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Salary £35,000 to £45,000 + Excellent Benefits
We've been engaged by a market leader in the animal health market to recruit a new Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Business Partner. The role will have a dual reporting line to the Managing Director and the Group Head of Health, Safety and Risk, and will lead on safety, health and environment for their main manufacturing facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring a positive and proactive approach to Safety, Health and Environment.
This is a great opportunity to work in a tight knit organisation and help to drive health, safety and environment performance forward. The focus of this role will be health and safety however the successful candidate will play an important role in environmental compliance.
Responsibilities of the Safety, Health and Environment Business Partner will include:
- Working closely with the senior management team to implement the health, safety and environment policies and procedures in line with the business evolution and growth
- Engaging across the manufacturing facility, from the senior management to the shop floor, to embed health and safety best practice
- Managing a regular audit, inspection and reporting program
- Acting as the key Health, Safety and Environment point of contact for a range of stakeholders including regulators
- Leading on new initiatives across health, safety and environment
The successful candidate will have:
- Similar experience in a health, safety and environment role with a proven track record of improving performance
- Manufacturing experience is essential (chemicals or hazardous substances - desirable)
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent (ideally working towards diploma)
- Membership of IOSH (Tech or Grad) desirable
- Excellent communication skills and a positive approach
This is a great opportunity to join a market leading company in a varied position. If you have the relevant skills and experience or would like further information, please contact Kirstie Putman on 01923 432635 or
Irwin & Colton is a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.