A brand new SHE Advisor job has arisen for a construction company where you will be responsible for helping the company comply with all relevant health safety and environmental regulations and laws. Based in the East Midlands you will be working half the week from their office and half the week out conducting site inspections. A large part of this role will focus on environmental aspects on greenfield sites.
Due to expansion, this is a brand new role for the company supporting the Health and Safety Manager. The company has a fantastic reputation and prides itself on excellent safety culture.
- Assisting in the production of company procedures, policies and practices in relation to health safety and environmental concerns, sustainability efforts and emissions targets
- Communicating health safety and environmental requirements across the organisation
- Keeping abreast of latest health safety and environmental guidance and regulations
- Addressing environment issues including air quality, land and water contamination, waste management, and environmental impact.
- Ensuring that any biodiversity recommendations are met on site
- Conducting investigations into health safety and environmental accidents and incidents with the aim of eventually taking the lead on environmental accidents and incidents
- Collecting and reporting on HSE data
- Auditing environmental targets and managing environmental compliance
- Assisting the Health & Safety Manager in providing pre-construction information to the principal contractor/contractor
- Provide advice to project teams on action required where projects do not meet the company's standards
- Promoting a positive culture within the business
- Collating findings and reporting data to senior colleagues
- Ensuring improvement actions are implemented to requirements, monitored and continuously assessed
- Site inspections and toolbox talks
You will hold the NEBOSH Construction or General Certificate and have experience working in construction safety. It is essential you have environmental experience in relation to construction sites as well as excellent knowledge on health safety and environmental principles and regulations. You will have fantastic communication skills and be able to build good working relationships quickly. The successful candidate will have a passion for health safety environment and sustainability
What you will get in return
- Salary of £35-37k
- Bonus scheme
- Car or car allowance
- Working for a family owned company with a great reputation
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.