Senior Safety, Health, Environment & Quality Consultant - Civils| London
Up to £55,000 salary + Car Allowance & benefits.
Irwin & Colton are working with a leading Health and Safety Consultancy to secure a Senior Safety, Health, Environment & Quality Consultant to manage safety across a range of large infrastructure projects in London and the home counties.
This consultancy has a track record of delivering high quality services to major capital projects for over 50 years and counts many of the UK's largest companies as clients. Their clients span a range of sectors from construction and infrastructure through to manufacturing and engineering. Consultants come from a range of backgrounds.
The role will be London based, but will involve travel on a daily basis to client sites across the designated region.
The overall purpose of the role is to provide high quality health, safety and environmental services to company clients in line with the overall company objectives.
Key responsibilities for the Senior SHEQ Consultant:
- Complete robust, clearly defined Health and Safety inspections with associated reports and recommendations to ensure client safety management is fit for purpose in line with business activities
- Complete safety audits of client premises as required and provide clear, transparent recommendations and report on the findings
- Develop business improvement programmes & project manage their effective delivery
- Generate quality driven client safety reports
- Train people in aspects of health and safety where competent to do so
- Attend and participate within client Health & Safety meetings to provide guidance and best practice on safety issues
Essential experience and qualifications for the Senior SHEQ Consultant:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience within a health and safety role, ideally from within infrastructure, civil engineering or a related sector
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate or equivalent and Graduate membership of IOSH
- Effective communication skills - both verbal and written, with the ability to engage with a range of clients and stakeholders
- A positive and pragmatic attitude to problem solving within health and safety
This is an excellent opportunity for an established health and safety professional to further develop their career across an interesting portfolio of construction projects, with a leading consultancy. For further details and to apply please contact Emily Dainton on or 01923 432 634.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.