Whilst both postholders will be expected to provide the full range of safety advisory services to all Teams and Offices, the two highly visible positions will be the primary interface between the Parliamentary Safety Team and key stakeholders at Parliament. Namely;
POST ONE: The Parliamentary Maintenance Services Team (PMST) and Strategic Estates; POST TWO: Catering Services, Visitor Services and the Parliamentary Security Department (PSD)
One of the core purposes of each post is to assist the key stakeholders to create and maintain a climate in which staff feel safety has high value and that they are clear about their (safety) responsibilities and (safety) aims and objectives.
The successful candidates will have a significant experience of advising on a range of safety risks and identifying creative solutions to facilitate safe working on the Parliamentary Estate. Both postholders will also assist the Head of Parliamentary Safety and Head of Safety Culture and Compliance in identifying safety related priorities, plans and performance targets. The varied nature of the parliamentary estate means that the post holders will need to manage several complex tasks and projects at any one time, sometimes with minimal guidance from management and to challenging deadlines.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Demonstrable general and stakeholder specific related safety experience across a diverse portfolio of safety risk in complex organisations.
- Experience in the development and implementation of successful risk management strategies which reflect policy documentation and improve safety standards.
- Strong written and oral communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to inclusively influence and build strong working relationship.
• Safety NVQ level 3 or above; and
• IOSH Technical Membership
• Auditor/Lead Auditor
• Accident Investigation
Annual leave starting at 30 days pro rata
Civil Service Pension scheme
Interest-free season ticket loan
Discounted membership of the in-house gym
All applications must be submitted on a House of Commons application form.
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the job description.