We are actively working with a Residential Build Construction organisation in the recruitment of a Senior SHE Manager. We have a long existing relationship with our client who has a very good reputation in the market for their Health and Safety implementations and overall performance as a Principle Contractor. This is a London based position with multiple projects either within the city or within the home counties.
The successful candidate will be playing a pivotal role in consistently improving the Health and Safety culture within the business covering multiple projects across London and the Home Counties.
- The responsible point of contact for all Health and Safety related issues within their designated construction sites.
- To develop a strategy for improving the Health and Safety culture within the business.
- To construct Health and Safety Policies and Procedures that adhere to government legislation requirements and expectations of the business.
- Provide advice and training to the operational workforce in Health and Safety regulations when appropriate.
- Develop the Management Systems where appropriate.
- Maintain effective working relationships with the board of directors and prepare presentations highlighting monthly/ quarterly performance.
- NEBOSH Certificate in construction or equivalent.
- Grad member of IOSH would be desired with the view to progress to a Chartered Member.
- Construction related background, desirably Residential build.
- A strong communicator to all levels within the business, confidence in their ability to persuade others is key.
- IT literate with the ability to analyse data appropriately to present to others.
- A quick decision maker that uses their initiative to solve an issue.
- Self-efficient who can manage workload/ prioritise workload.
Reference: FM - 12698