Are you an experienced Health and Safety professional with experience within maintenance in a Social Housing environment?
If so, Nottingham Community Housing Association have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Health & Safety and CDM Advisor.
They are one of the largest locally-based housing groups in the East Midlands. Managing over 9,500 homes and housing more than 20,000 tenants across the East Midlands in Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire and Rutland.
Location: Bulwell, Nottingham
Salary: Circa £40,000 per annum depending on experience
Hours: 35 per week (full time)
Closing date: 24th April 2019
Interview: 8th May 2019
About the role:
This varied and dynamic role will involve managing activities, people and information. Reporting directly to the Group Health, Safety & Risk Manager, you will be the Health & Safety (H &S) Business Partner for the organisation and work closely with the Property Services Department. You will act as the main resource and representative on H&S and environmental issues and develop and manage the related processes and systems.
You will produce performance reports and ensure compliance on all H& S issues; ensuring best practice and embed a H & S culture across the organisation. In addition, you will deliver toolbox talks and be the CDM Advisor for the NCHA group for specific projects.
Additionally, you will be responsible for supervising and directing the work of the Facilities/Site Services team and develop monitoring mechanisms that ensure a consistent, quality and Lean service is delivered across NCHA.
Finally, you will complete onsite inspections on the work completed by contractors and the in-house Property Services team.
The successful candidate will have management experience in Health & Safety; in a maintenance and social housing environment and have experience of delivering toolbox talks and training. You will also have proven experience in a CDM role as well as a Level 5 qualification in a construction environment and/or in construction related Health and Safety.
Moreover, you will have experience of related property and housing maintenance and be a member of a relevant professional body i.e. IOSH/CIOB.
Due to the level of interaction needed with stakeholders, having excellent communication skills is vital for this role. A full valid UK driving license, access to a vehicle and willingness to travel is also essential to this post as you will be visiting different sites and offices.
This is a great opportunity to work for a value-based organisation that is committed to the on-going training and development of their staff. There are also rewards and recognition for staff that go the extra mile. If you feel you have the right skills to be successful in this role apply today!
For your skills, experience and values you will receive these great Benefits:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years service
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £1200 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme options with contributions matched by NCHA and includes life assurance cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member to work at NCHA
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors