Senior Health and Safety Advisor (Civil Engineering)
UK, Barnet (With site travel) | £47,000 + Car + Benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a high profile civil engineer to recruit a Senior Health and Safety Advisor. The role is focused on helping to ensure the safe delivery of a major, long term, contracts with clients. The organisation has an excellent track record across health and safety and this role is critical to its continued success.
Responsibilities for the Senior Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Implementing health and safety policies and procedures on site, ensuring compliance and keeping updated with key changes to legislation.
- Engaging with managers, ensuring responsibilities are clear and answering technical health and safety related enquires.
- Conducting audits, inspections, and accident investigations. Constantly seeking areas for improvement and development in health and safety performance.
- Engaging with the client and other external stakeholders, acting as a key point of contact
The successful Senior Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within civil engineering or utilities
- A NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and ideally Tech IOSH status and experience with ISO standards
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running. A UK Driver's license is essential. Contact James Irwin on or 01923 432 632. Ref 3232