Senior Health and Safety Advisor
Peterborough | £48,000 + Car + Benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a high-profile civil engineering contractor to recruit a Senior Health and Safety Advisor. The role is focused on the delivery of the health and safety strategy across the organisation. This role is focused on a £1bn infrastructure utilities contract with a focus on streetworks and capital infrastructure projects.
Responsibilities for the Senior Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Meeting, engaging, and liaising with the client, contractors, and other stakeholders to assess opportunities for improvement and implementing appropriate measures to take advantage of these opportunities
- Keeping updated with key changes to legislation and ensuring the organisation remains compliant
- Continually developing and reviewing the health and safety management system in line with industry best practice
- Managing and coordinating a small team of advisors, ensuring the implementation of health and safety policies and procedures on site
The successful Health and Safety Adviosr will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within civil engineering and utilities
- Ideally hold or working towards NEBOSH/NCRQ Diploma or NVQ 5 (or equivalent)
- The ability to influence and engage key internal and external stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running. A UK Driver's license is essential. Contact James Irwin on or 01923 432 632 Ref 3499.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.