Public Sector Body based in London/Essex looking for a Senior Health & Safety Advisor to lead their H&S team
Your new company
Large public sector body based on the outskirts of London bordering Essex are looking to appoint a senior level health & safety professional to lead their small but growing central team. They have a clear direction outlined by the Director to obtain ISO45001 accreditation within the next 2 years.
Your new role
As the Senior H&S Advisor for this organisation you will be the competent health & safety professional offering advice to different departments as well as leading the direction of a small team. Whilst the role is for now a Senior Advisor role, it has the potential for future movement to Management level. Some of your responsibilities and duties as the Senior Advisor will be:
- Identify, design and develop suitable training packages to be delivered to staff
- Maintain and update health & safety policies and procedures
- Leading to ensure continuous improvements in the H&S team services
- Working closely and collaboratively across several departments to ensure robust measures are in place
- Delivering the inspections and audits programme across the organisation
- Produce reports and lead on the H&S subject within meetings
- Build strong relationships and trust within the organisation with key stakeholders
- Mentoring, developing and line managing small team
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful you will need to be a strong communicator with previous experience working in health & safety for an equally large and diverse organisation. You will need to hold the NEBOSH Diploma as a minimum. GradIOSH is essential with CMIOSH being highly desirable. Influencing, negotiating and engaging skills are also essential. Overall they are looking for someone who is a confident professional with the want to improve safety standards and drive forward this organisation for ISO45001 accreditation.
What you'll get in return
In return you will be offered a salary between £40k and £45k as well as a host of benefits including flexible working, 28 days holidays + bank holidays and more....
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.