Acre is pleased to be working with one of the world's leading Facilities Management service providers to identify a new Senior Health and Safety Advisor. In this central London-based role, you'll work directly on behalf of a global financial services client to support their Health and Safety agenda. You'll promote the continued development of health and safety policy, systems and standards through the provision of advice and guidance across the UK and EMEA.
You'll be responsible for:
- Providing specialist health and safety support to facilitate the implementation of the client's policy and requirements throughout the UK and EMEA portfolio
- Integrating seamlessly with the client's day-to-day operations and acting as a subject matter expert for building-related health and safety management
- Establishing effective working relationships throughout the business, including with stakeholders in key business areas and at senior management level
- Assessing and develop the workplace health and safety strategy through inspections, audits and consequent improvement actions
- Taking ownership of the health and safety monitoring programme, managing and reviewing the health and safety performance of vendors and suppliers and providing remote support for teams across the region
This position will call upon your ability to engage positively with a wide range of audiences throughout a complex business. You'll cultivate a network of effective working relationships and establish yourself as a key contact for all things health and safety. You'll be challenged, and enjoy a range of opportunities to develop and grow, taking advantage of support offered by both the client and the account you work on.
To succeed, you'll need:
- Substantial experience of a health and safety management position within a corporate, facilities management environment, or similar
- Experience of working alongside and understanding building services and maintenance
- Degree or diploma level qualification in Health & Safety or similar
- Experience of implementing and auditing management systems, e.g. ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 or ISO 45001
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability engage and influence at all levels
If you're excited by the opportunity to further your health and safety career with a highly-reputable employer, in an environment which will challenge, excite and test your skillset, don't delay - apply now and get in touch for more information.