Your new company
You will be working for a prestigious government-owned estate in Central London as part of the Central Safety Team leading on the health & safety for the Maintenance Division including on high value refurbishment projects.
Your new role
You will be a part of the Central Safety Team who are responsible for the safety of staff and visitors of the estate. You will be working with this teams to provide guidance across the potential safety risks in the complex and diverse portfolio. This particular role will be working heavily with the Maintenance and Estates Teams to create a positive safety culture and drive participation in safety responsibilities. You will be building key stakeholder relationships and providing both operational and strategic direction. The key responsibilities for this role will be:
- Identifying key safety risks and supporting the Maintenance Team in delivering solutions
- Work collaboratively with the Teams to manage risks and comply with internal policies and processes
- Develop and deliver training and coaching to ensure the teams can become more self-reliant in regards to health & safety risk management
- Devise and implement policies and procedures
- Monitor and report on key safety performance indicators
- Assist the Head of Safety in refining the safety management system
- Conduct operational safety tasks such as risk assessments, site inspections, audits and more....
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful you will need to be qualified to at least TechIOSH level with a Level 3 qualification such as NEBOSH Certificate or NVQ Level 3. It will also be desirable if you were to hold an Internal Auditor or Lead Auditor Qualification. You will need to have a track record with advising on complex safety risks associated with maintenance activities and identifying creative solutions to overcome these. You will also need to be able to work independently at times to deliver projects but also collaboratively to drive the Estate's safety related priorities.
What you'll get in return
In return you will get a starting salary of circa £42,000 rising to £47,000 with service. In addition to 30 days annual leave, there is also possible flexible working situations, on-site subsidised gym and canteen and a generous pension scheme. On top of the salary and benefits package you will also have the opportunity to work in one of the most desirable work places with a great opportunity to develop your professional skills.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.