Shirley Parsons are proud to be partnered with a leading International real estate sustainability consultancy. The team is the largest real estate sustainability consultancy in Europe, with 20 years of experience in delivering sustainability advice to the real estate sector.Their highly successful energy team are now expanding and looking to recruit a Senior Energy Engineer to drive energy management services to their high-profile clients.
We are seeking a personable and enthusiastic energy specialist to identify and develop turn-key projects across a range of assets, including office, retail, logistics and hospitality. The business already has several portfolio-wide energy management programmes in place including emissions performance reporting through to deep asset-level analysis. It will be your role to support clients in their investment decisions by developing robust technical solutions that serve their emissions reduction ambitions.
You will be integral in driving forward our expanding energy management services to some of the largest landlords and corporate occupiers in the UK and Europe. You will use your knowledge of how buildings function, as well as an appreciation of operational considerations to establish how energy performance can be enhanced. Your practical experience with BMS and HVAC enable you to advise on specific changes to existing operations and assets.
You will be well supported, working with other energy management specialists within the team and with colleagues across Property & Asset Management, Project & Development Services and Corporate Occupier teams.
- Providing energy management and energy reduction advice to UK and European clients.
- Conducting energy audits, EPCs, and determining the best solutions for achieving the client’s goals.
- Developing business cases for investment opportunities with clients and managing the projects from design to delivery and implementation.
- Collaborating with stakeholders in other teams and working closely with high-profile clients.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Genuine passion and desire around saving energy and carbon
- Solid technical understanding of building services and experience conducting building energy audits and reading building management systems (BMS) effectively
- Experience determining the value proposition of projects and justifying through relevant assessment of benefits e.g. energy, resilience, obsolescence
- Proactive mind-set with a strong interest in innovation and technology (knowledge of cloud-based building analytics (deployment of) is desirable)
- Excellent client relationship management along with strong communication and stakeholder engagement on technical issues and to translate complex concepts into clear and concise language
- Relevant degree is desirable and/or masters – e.g. Building Services, Mechanical, Electrical, Energy Management etc.
- Ideally a current member or seeking membership of a professional body – CIBSE, IMECHE, Energy Institute, or other appropriate
- Attention to detail and accuracy, in written, visual and numeric work and proven project management skills
- Sociable character with an ability to foster good working relationships
- Experience working with commercial property and an understanding of the landlord and tenant relationship is highly desirable
Reference: EN 13798