Support the Departmental Senior Manager in the delivery of the various elements of the Club’s security policies and procedures. To be responsible for all aspects of security at the training facilities and for security arrangements associated with Team travel.
- At the direction of the Departmental Senior Manager, be responsible for all security matters associated with activities at the MUFC training facilities.
- To be responsible for site security and staff/visitor access at the MUFC training facilities. This will involve the effective management, control and coordination of all match day and non-match day staffing and procedural accreditation systems and accreditation processes.
- At the direction of the Departmental Senior Manager, be responsible for the development, organisation, planning and delivery of all aspects of Team Security. (First Team, Women’s Team and Academy teams). This will include activity at the training ground and away travel domestically and overseas.
- In association with the Departmental Senior Manager, liaise with Club Secretary and undertake Team security duties associated with domestic away and European away fixtures as required. This may include responsibilities involving pre match planning reconnaissance visits, ticket collection point logistics and match day safety and security duties and responsibilities associated with the EFL, PL, UEFA and the fixture.
- To be responsible for ensuring the effective briefing, deployment, monitoring and quality control of on-site security services.
- Ensure that the requisite number of security staff are strategically and tactically evaluated and deployed to carry out any security requirements associated with the security of the site, events or travel.
- Ensure the Security Contractor undertakes its responsibilities in an efficient and effective manner
- As directed by the Head of Security assist with the contract management and comprehensive performance review processes with the third party security provider on a regular basis.
- As part of the Safety & Security Management Team to work with other Departments in the development, progression and delivery of new security projects and infra-structure development.
- To provide resilience and cover for colleagues within the Safety & Security team as required.
- Forge strong working relationships with the Player Care Team.
- At the direction of the Departmental Senior Manager, to support and advise the Player Care Team in the delivery of security advice and measures for individual players, their families, their homes and travel arrangements.
- Assist and liaise with the Departmental Senior Manager in relation to all security associated with home and travel arrangements as required for senior board members.
- In liaison with the Departmental Senior Manager, undertake as required any investigations resulting from complaints received from customers or staff; actioning resolutions, monitoring processes or discipline as appropriate. Liaise closely with the Customer Care Department as required to seek satisfactory outcomes and resolution.
- Assist in the delivery of training sessions and advice to personnel across the organisation.
- Liaise with outside agencies and emergency services etc. as and when necessary
- Prepare and complete all necessary documentation, e.g. Briefing Notes, Deployment sheets, Intelligence reports and other security related documentation
- Debrief with the Head of Security, Director of Venue Operations, Departmental Senior Manager, Club Secretary, Police, other emergency services, Security Contractor and senior stewarding personnel as necessary
- Evaluate and collate MUFC incident reports and ensure immediate or remedial action, as required, is taken
- Prepare written reports as required and circulate to relevant management
- To attend, and chair if necessary, internal and external MUFC safety/security related meetings
- Facilitate any evaluations, trials, reporting processes and implementation relating to any new projects or initiatives as required
- To prepare and circulate a report following each domestic away game on the Team travel security operation.
- To prepare and circulate a report following each domestic away game on the behaviour of Manchester United Supporters
- The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of Security arrangements and strategies
- Experience in liaison with diverse range of UK Government Departments & Agencies
- Ability to compile detailed reports
- Ability to compile contingency plans
- Ability to undertake and compile risk assessments
- Knowledge and experience of systems in relation to evidential video/CCTV recording
- Experience in relation to communication systems
- Compliance with equal opportunities and diversity systems
- Knowledge and experience of current legislation relating to Sporting Events
- A commitment to driving continuous improvement in their working environment
- Be computer literate, familiar with Microsoft office or similar packages and bespoke software systems
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Standards and quality driven
- Ability to work in a multi task, highly pressurised environment
- The ability to make sound decisions in a timely manner
- A practical approach to problem solving
- Organised and methodical
- Sound personal qualities such as communication skills, the ability to work in a team environment, self-motivation, enthusiasm and ability to work under pressure
- A strong customer service ethos and empathy with football supporters
Identify and meet the needs of colleagues and our customers, focusing on initiating and welcoming contact and communication whilst striving to deliver first class customer service.
Recognise potential complaint situations and make effective steps to avoid and/or resolve these situations.
To undertake any necessary internal or external training sessions in accordance with the Company’s Performance and Development Review Policy and to take personal responsibility to seek opportunities to develop yourself and to realise your own potential.
Identify, implement and evaluate the training and developmental needs of staff within your area of responsibility, give appropriate feedback and actively show interest and involvement in training activities for all employees whilst looking for opportunities to further develop individuals.
Ensure effective communication within your work team and actively offer support and guidance as necessary.
Security / Stock Control
Ensure compliance with all of the Company’s security, stock control, loss prevention and key holder procedures.
Equal Opportunities and Harassment
Ensure understanding, awareness and compliance with the Company’s Equal Opportunities and Harassment Policies.
Health and Safety
Ensure understanding, awareness and compliance at all times with Company Health, Safety and Environmental Policy.
Hours of Work
The employee is required to work a standard 35 hours per week however additional hours may be required including match days according to the operational requirements of the department or demands of the business. There will be a requirement to work all domestic away fixtures. On occasions there may be a requirement to work some home fixtures. As such, evening work and weekend work is a requirement.
There may be an ad hoc requirement to be contacted out of hours, providing advice or responding to unexpected incidents/circumstances.
Closing date: 18th January 2019
To apply, please click on the apply button: