LondonEnergy is seeking industry role models with strong communication, who can drive change converting strategy to task and influence the business and supply chain.
LondonEnergy operates the second largest waste contract in the UK, handling and treating nearly 750,000 tonnes of London’s waste and recyclables, generating enough electricity to power more than 80,000 homes every year. We divert more than 90% of waste away from landfill saving nearly 300,000 tonnes of CO2e every year. As well as a 40-acre head office in North London, the company operates two transfer stations and six Reuse and Recycling Centres across North London.
Our 40MW EfW plant has been operational since 1970, processing over 500,000 tonnes of waste. As a result of a major capital programme to extend its asset life it will remain operational until 2027.
Construction of a new 50MW energy recovery facility will start in the next three years, with completion expected in the mid 2020’s. This will increase capacity on the site to 700,000 tonnes.
A re-organisation of Energy Centre operations has generated a number of new positions. Operating 24/7 in a six shift system, we are currently recruiting for roles at all levels.
This is an exciting time to join the Company as we transition from traditional methodologies to the state-of-the-art in providing heat and power.
In addition to a competitive salary you will enjoy a range of benefits:
5% company contributory pension scheme, private medical insurance, twenty-eight days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays and a Company profit based bonus. Salary increases of RPI plus 0.25% are guaranteed to 2021 and the Company promotes in post learning and development.
Main Purposes of job
- To fully comply with all legislation and Codes of Practice
- To take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of other people - fellow employees and members of the public
- Ensure Energy Centre operates at all times in compliance with the Environmental Permit
- Responsible for releasing plant for maintenance, issuing Safety Documents under direction of Shift Manager
- Primary Operations Interface with Maintenance Department in terms of identified defects, and liaising with and supporting Shift Manager in prioritizing Safety Documents for release of plant where required
- Review of Site Safety Rules Systems and Procedures and provide recommendations
- Identify appropriate training needs and make recommendations
- Review of LEL and Contractors’ Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Supporting and or deputizing for Shift Manager as required
- Support Maintenance Department in terms of planning for outages in the Energy Centre (attendance at pre-outage meetings and daily meetings)
- Member of LEL Health & Safety Committee
- Encourage a positive Safety Culture across the Company
- Identify any efficiency measures that can benefit the Company in terms of either increased revenue or cost savings
- Team or personal development
- HNC/HND in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- NEBOSH preferred
- First Aid at Work Certificate preferred
- Senior Authorized Person status