About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Head of HSE, Lean and Performance you will you will oversee high hazard activities at the site and ensure the safe systems of work and emergency procedures are in place within a globally regulated gmp manufacturing facility and to manage these in compliance with Sanofi standards and the UK legal framework. You will liaise with area owners to ensure that work is coordinated with sufficient allowance for permits to be issued and work supervised effectively.
This is a full time and permanent position. Standard working hours are 36 hours per week with an excellent benefits package and competitive salary.
About Sanofi Business Unit
Sanofi focuses on developing specialty treatments for debilitating diseases that are often difficult to diagnose and treat. The Haverhill site is well located in the UK, near to Cambridge and close to London, which makes Haverhill a great location to work.
Our teams have unique skills and capabilities which have taken many years to master, including, spray drying, continuous processing and process analytical technology (PAT), as well as complex supply chain management and highly agile, secondary packaging operations dedicated to the Speciality Care portfolio. The 9 hectare site was acquired in 1982 and employees circa 300 people.
- Oversee high hazard activities and ensure that safe systems of work are in place.
- Be responsible for at least 1 direct report from the safety department.
- Coordinate the permit to work (PTW) programme, audit the system in the field and provide formal feedback and coaching for improvements. Develop the training programme to deliver this.
- Manage the contractor safety programme from induction, through to contract performance review.
- Manage the recognition programme so that safe contractors and safe practices are rewarded.
- Manage the emergency response and incident management programme. Develop and run the scenarios, provide feedback and training as required.
- Act as responsible person for fire safety and control of asbestos
To excel in this role you will need to have:-
- Accredited HSE qualifications e. g. NEBOSH, British Safety Council or equivalent.
- Previous HSE experience and knowledge from within a similar working environment
- Must be a strong communicator, able to demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly, confidently, persuasively and articulately at all levels, standing up for own viewpoint in a way that is acceptable to those they work with.
What Sanofi can offer you
- This is a role where you are instrumental to creating best practice and as the organisation grows, you can too.
- We offer a generous package including flexible benefits, and are committed to helping you have a healthy work-life balance throughout your career with us
- We have highly subsidised restaurant with free tea and coffee
- Parking is available onsite
- We offer opportunities for career development globally within Sanofi.
- The workload will be varied and you will be required to manage your own time effectively.
- There will be a lot of interaction with other departments and functions.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and is embedded in our Core Values. We respect the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our employees, patients and customers.
Empower Life Everyday
At Sanofi we work across human health from vaccines to rare diseases, and consumer healthcare. This creates opportunities to work across different areas to build a diverse and exciting career. Sanofi has the capabilities and resources to support your aspirations to fulfill your ambitions and be the best you can be.
Our purpose at Sanofi is to work passionately every day to understand and solve healthcare needs of people across the world. Our ambition is by 2025, to be a top 3 innovative, global and diversified human healthcare company. One that embraces transformative technologies and is focused on its area of excellence, which means we’re not there to try to solve everybody’s problems. We want to focus on those areas where we know we are making a difference.
The values we are live by are teamwork, courage, respect and integrity