Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager (Utilities)
Croydon, UK | Up to £55,000 + Car + benefits.
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a high-profile utilities company to recruit a Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Manager. The role is focused on helping to ensure the safe delivery of major, long term contracts with clients. The organisation has an excellent track record across health and safety and this role is critical to its continued success.
Responsibilities for the Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager will include:
- Implementing health and safety policies and procedures on site, ensuring compliance and keeping updated with key changes to legislation.
- Engaging with managers, ensuring responsibilities are clear and answering technical health and safety related enquires.
- Conducting audits, inspections, and accident investigations. Constantly seeking areas for improvement and development in health and safety performance.
- Engaging with the client and other external stakeholders, acting as a key point of contact
The successful Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within the utilities sector
- A NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and ideally Grad IOSH status
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
This position will require a self-starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running. A UK Driver's license is essential. Contact Emily Dainton on or 01923 432 634. REF ED559
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.