Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager
Reading | £52,000 + Car + Benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a high-profile civil engineering contractor to recruit a Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager. The role is focused on managing and coordinating a team of Health and Safety Advisors to ensure the delivery of the health and safety strategy across the organisation.
This role is focused on a £1bn infrastructure project with a particular focus on streetworks.
Responsibilities for the Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager will include:
- Managing and coordinating a team of advisors, ensuring the implementation of health and safety policies and procedures on site
- Meeting, engaging, and liaising with the client, contractors, and other stakeholders to assess opportunities for improvement and implementing appropriate measures to take advantage of these opportunities
- Keeping updated with key changes to legislation and ensuring the organisation remains compliant
- Continually developing and reviewing the health and safety management system in line with industry best practice
The successful Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within civil engineering and utilities, ideally with streetworks experience
- Ideally hold or working towards NEBOSH/NCRQ Diploma or NVQ 5 (or equivalent)
- The ability to influence and engage key internal and external stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running. A UK Driver's license is essential. Contact James Irwin on or 01923 432 632.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.