Safety, Health, Environment & Quality Lead - Rail | London |
Up to £80,000 + Car Allowance & benefits.
Irwin & Colton are working with a global leader in the construction and infrastructure space to secure a Safety, Health, Environment & Quality (SHEQ) Lead to scope, develop and deliver SHEQ solutions within the rail sector to meet their clients' needs.
With over 4,000 people worldwide, this consultancy has a track record of delivering high quality services to major capital projects for over 50 years and counts many of the UK's largest companies as clients. Their clients span a range of sectors from construction and infrastructure through to manufacturing and engineering.
Key responsibilities for the Safety, Health, Environment & Quality Lead:
- Development of SHEQ workstream and client offering within the rail sector, and development of collaborative working relationships in order to deliver core and support services in line with the company's strategic objectives.
- Deliver strong stakeholder engagement internally with infrastructure, real estate and natural resource sectors, liaising with Key Account Managers and Sector Leads as appropriate to identify opportunities to develop SHEQ services across their client base.
- Carry out business diagnostic 'gap analysis' reviews/audits to identify opportunities and create a business unit strategy.
- Leading the team to complete safety audits of client premises as required and provide clear, transparent recommendations and report on the findings.
- Support the internal SHEQ team & business unit leads to develop & deliver a Risk Based Assurance Programme, to assure compliance with internal control processes within the BMS.
Essential experience and qualifications for the Safety, Health, Environment & Quality Lead:
- Proven leadership experience in a similar role ideally on large infrastructure, rail or construction projects.
- Large operational team management and experience in influencing and engaging with senior management.
- Ideally Chartered membership of IOSH, and ideally a relevant post graduate qualification.
- Effective communication skills - both verbal and written, with the ability to engage with a range of clients and stakeholders
- A positive and pragmatic attitude to problem solving within health and safety.
This is an excellent opportunity for an established health and safety professional to further develop their career across an interesting portfolio of construction projects, with a leading consultancy. For further details and to apply please contact Emily Dainton on or 01923 432 634. REF ED348
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.