Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Advisor | Civil Engineering
Dewsbury, UK | £35,000 plus car & benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a large, high-profile civil engineering contractor to recruit a Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Advisor. The organisation has a proven track record of success over a number of years and their clients include many of the UKs largest companies. Reporting into the Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager, this role will be responsible for advising on safety across a number of sites around Yorkshire.
Responsibilities of the Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Advisor will include:
- Engaging across the sites, implementing health and safety policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Conducting training, toolbox talks, inductions and investigating incidents where required
- Reviewing the production of risk assessments and method statements and answering any health and safety related queries
- Undertaking audits and inspections of the site, identifying areas for improvement and reporting on the findings
The successful Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally from within the utilities or civil engineering sector
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and ideally membership of IOSH
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to engage with a range of stakeholders
- Drive and enthusiasm with the willingness to learn, develop and grow in the role
This role would suit an ambitious health and safety professional looking to further grow and develop their career. A UK Driver's license is essential. For further information contact Emily Dainton on or 01923 432 634. REF ED636
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.