Safety, Health and Environment Manager
Newport, Wales | Salary: £40,000 plus Excellent benefits
We've been engaged by an international leader in the Environmental services industry to recruit a Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Manager. The role, reporting to the national SHE Manager, will lead on Health, Safety and Environment across a large processing facility in Newport, Wales.
The organisation has an excellent reputation in the industry, with a long history of successful operation across the UK and internationally. This role will form part of the senior leadership team for the site.
Responsibilities of the Safety, Health & Environment Manager will include:
- Promote a positive health and safety culture across the site, seeking best practice at every opportunity
- Develop and manage the annual Health, Safety & Environment plan and objectives
- Keep updated with key changes to legislation to ensure compliance
- Manage the induction, training and development programme across their sites
- Continually develop and review the Health and Safety management system in line with industry best practice
The successful Safety, Health & Environment Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within waste, recycling, chemicals, manufacturing or a related industry
- NEBOSH Certificate (as minimum) and / or relevant Environment qualifications and ideally membership of a relevant professional body (i.e IOSH, IEMA)
- The ability to influence and engage with all levels of the organisation
- A good technical knowledge across relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, compliance and regulations
This position would suit an experienced Health, Safety and Environment professional. For further details and to apply please contact Michael Colton on 01923 432 633.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.