Safety, Health and Environment Advisor
Glasgow | £35,000 + Car + Excellent Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a leading corporate technology company to recruit a Safety, Health & Environment Advisor. This organisation is a well-known global company and the role will join an established Safety, Health & Environment team. This will be a varied role, in a dynamic, fast paced environment and will have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Environment remit across 8 large corporate offices across Scotland.
Responsibilities for the Safety, Health & Environment Advisor will include:
- Visiting site, implementing a regular audit program ensuring the implementation of the health, safety and environment policies
- Working closely with the Health, Safety and Environment team to identify areas for performance improvement and creating ideas to take advantage of these
- Accurately reporting on health and safety performance and communicating this across the organisation and investigating accidents and incidents and identifying the root cause
- Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders including contractors, regulators, and enforcement agencies
The successful Safety, Health & Environment Advisor candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within property, building services, technology, facilities management, or a related industry
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and membership of IOSH, ideally working towards diploma level
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders in a corporate environment
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
ISO 14001 and / or 18001 lead auditing qualifications would be ideal.
For more information about this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact James Irwin on +44(0) 1923 432 632 or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.