The Parliamentary Safety Team is reviewing the current blockers and enablers at Parliament for sensible, proportionate and effective safety risk management. The purpose of the role is to develop and implement a programme of sustained cultural maturity and employee engagement with H&S throughout all levels of the business to transform Parliament’s safety performance and deliver the maximum possible value to Parliament. It is expected that the full programme of work would take up to two years, though some changes could be delivered more quickly.
The successful candidate will have experience and expertise in the management and delivery of cultural change programmes and be capable of working with minimal supervision or direction. The successful candidate will also identify and implement improvements in safety compliance throughout both Houses and act as the formal second line of defence investigator for major incidents and events, as required by the Co-Chairs of PSAB.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
• Significant experience providing a demanding customer base with competent health and safety advice on a diverse portfolio of risks.
• Experience of successfully managing and delivering a significant cultural change programme within an organisation with complex governance arrangements.
• Sound understanding of the principals of ISO45001 and extensive experience of safety auditing.
• Proven experience of successfully implementing strategies and processes drive safety compliance standards within an organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent professional qualification
• Minimum of Tech IOSH
• Project Management qualification
Annual leave starting at 30 days pro rata
Civil Service Pension scheme
Interest-free season ticket loan
Discounted membership of the in-house gym
All applications must be submitted on a House of Commons application form.
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the job description.