|Salary||£35000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector||Environmental Health & Safety|
|Posted||3 months ago|
|Apply by||Thursday, 6 February 2020|
What is great about this organisation is not only that they have a long standing heritage in the market which they are really proud of but at the heart of their organisation is their people who they really care about and invest in. Everyone lives and breathes their corporate values which strengthens the culture. What I like most about this
company is that they are really flexible on level and ability as they have the resources and capabilities to support you as an individual not just put you into a predefined box. They have been going for over 250 years and operate across 140 countries. They are leading in their field and known for their world class products.
This role is responsible for around 120 staff across this site of 500 staff but you will have a manager and two other safety leaders on site for support. Your division is heavily automated and has standard manufacturing and engineering risks including machinery and transport. There is a challenging workforce who need to be engaged with and brought along this journey. Day to day you will be accountable for identifying, establishing and implementing safety improvements, continuing to deliver the sites safety roadmap and share best practice.
Skills and Experience:
• NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum but NEBOSH Diploma would be preferred (or equivalent).
• Experience in a manufacturing or engineering environment with preference towards packing and automated machinery.
• A degree or qualification in a mechanical or engineering degree would be beneficial but not essential.
• Experience around LOTO, COSHH, risk assessment, safety systems and culture change.
• Someone who is likeable and engaging, who can take the shop floor culture.
• Flexible and resilient and can stand your ground but still doing it in the right way.
• Strong communicator, well organised and passionate.
• Self-starter and some who will be able to work with and influence people at all levels.
• Trustworthy and ethical, a team player.
Salary is very competitive and is based on level of experience so could be between £35-50,000.
If you are interested in finding more about this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 454 5000.