When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. As part of a successful, growing global organization with revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Regulatory Compliance and Safety Manager, Heysham UK
How will you make an impact?
Working in a large private sector organization based around chemical distillation and production at a medium size chemical processing plant. This position will provide the site with health, safety and environment leadership and compliance.
What will you do?
· Manage the safety program for the Heysham facility including:
o Develop and lead existing safety initiatives, including Safety committee, Safety Gemba and inspection programs, and Ergonomics Team.
o Refine/develop where needed a management system which encompasses process and procedures to support all aspects of the chemical facility safety, ensuring compliance and providing necessary technical guidance in all ESH and regulatory compliance areas.
o Assist in incident investigation and conduct risk assessments to reduce accidents and risks, following corrective actions to completion.
o Refine/develop where needed and implement training programs to meet all regulatory requirements and improve safety performance and driving excellence.
o Manage the site’s path to COMAH compliance.
o Dealing with the regulatory authorities and developing successful working relationships
o Use Lean tools and employ PPI (Practical Process Improvement) to help drive workplace safety.
o Inspire a culture of safety involvement and engagement.
o Maintain ESH metrics and provide reporting to the business units and Corporate Risk Management.
o Manage contractor safety and permit to work programs to effectively ensure capital improvements and maintenance is performed in a safe manner
o Perform ESH audits and actively work multiple action item lists to closure.
- Manage the site Emergency Plan and Emergency Response Team. Provide or make arrangements for First Aid, CPR/AED and spill team training for the Heysham facility.
- Manage site security (in compliance with agency and Thermo Fisher requirements. Provide backup support to fellow regulatory staff members in other areas of regulatory compliance.
- Support HazMat compliance efforts, ensuring training is provided and maintained and Haz mat packaging is performed compliant to all relevant regulations.
- IOSH Chartered Member
- University degree in Safety Management or relevant related degree and equivalent experience, or NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent.
- Solid technical and regulatory knowledge and experience in Safety, Heath & Environment areas, preferably in chemical manufacturing and distribution.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to handle multiple assignments, work co-operatively and communicate effectively.
- IT skills, working with ERP system and proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.