Health & Safety Manager Job, Construction, SHEQ
Your new company
Hays Health & Safety have been given the opportunity to work with a leading company within the civil engineering services and looking to recruit a Regional SHEQ Manager.
The Regional SHEQ Manager will undertake the day to day arrangements for implementing the Group SHEQ Policy, advising the Group SHEQ Manager on matters requiring the attention of the Board and advising management on all aspects of SHEQ at work.
Your new role
- Provide management direction across the region with regards to SHEQ Management and Compliance.
- Understand the Group SHEQ Policies and the Procedures and statutory requirements as they affect the Group's operations and ensure that the requirements are implemented within their region.
- Assist in maintaining and seeking continuous improvement in the Group SHEQ policies and procedures in relation to current industry best practice and minimum statutory requirements.
- Ensure an ongoing team of SHEQ Co-ordinators is in place to provide support in all SHEQ matters related to Regional operations. Manage the development and structure of this team to ensure that the ongoing needs of the Region and its strategy are met.
- Manage all matters connected with accident prevention including the legal requirements for safety, health and welfare and participate as required in any investigations into accidents or dangerous occurrences.
- Carry out the investigation of injuries, environmental accidents, dangerous occurrences and other incidents where necessary and where appropriate as requested by the Group SHEQ Manager.
What you'll need to succeed
- Broad understanding of all aspects of Health, Safety, Environment & Quality.
- NVQ 4 Occupational Health and Safety Practise (preferable.)
- H&S Diploma level (preferable)
- NEBOSH Certificate General (essential)
- NEBOSH Certificate Construction (preferable)
- Experience of devising and delivering Health & Safety training
- Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven track record within the construction industry would be advantageous
- Previous experience of managing a team in a Health & Safety capacity.
- Environmental qualification (preferable)
- Quality qualification (preferable)
What you'll get in return
Opportunity to work for a well established Civil Engineering Company
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.