Acre is delighted to be working alongside one of the world's leading providers of energy services, employing more than 150,000 people globally and with a turnover in excess of £50 billion, to identify an energetic Safety, Health, Environment & Quality (SHEQ) Advisor.
Reporting directly into the Regional SHEQ Lead, the successful candidate will assist in the delivery of UK and Divisional Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Systems and ensure regulatory compliance across a number of major urban regeneration schemes.
Key responsibilities include:
* Assisting in the planning, communication and implementation of the Health & Safety strategy to ensure an industry leading culture is developed
* Providing appropriate mentoring and coaching support, as well as independent advice and recommendations to senior stakeholders within the business
* Ensuring construction projects maintain compliance to the latest ISO's 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards
* Engaging with all principal and sub-contractors and ensuring that safe systems of work and high SHEQ standards are being met
This person must be an engaging Health and Safety professional with a background in the construction, refurbishment, fit-out or M&E sectors. The successful person will also be driven, with a passion for Health and Safety and an eagerness to learn and develop.
They will also have:
* NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum, ideally NEBOSH/NCRQ Diploma
* TechIOSH as a minimum, ideally GradIOSH
* Excellent communication and influencing skills
* Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team
* Strong presentation skills
This exciting opportunity will give an individual the chance to grow and develop whilst helping shape divisional H&S strategy and driving improvement and performance for a global, multi-award winning organisation. If you feel you have the necessary experience then please don't hesitate to apply.