Your new role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a senior strategic Health and Safety professional to join a government department to advance safety culture across their construction projects.
You will be working closely with Regional Directors and their leadership teams to provide competent advice and strategic Health and Safety decisions to ensure Health and Safety is an integral part of all risk management decision making for employees and their supply chain. You will be directly managing one person, but the role involves influencing safety behaviour across a large, complex organisation and working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. The key driver is to advance safety culture and ensure it is embedded across their complex construction operations.
- Building effective relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Developing and implementing regional health and safety risk profiling with Regional Directors and their leadership team to ensure effective controls are implemented to minimise harm to employees and within the supply chain.
- Contributing to the development of Directorates assurance plans and engagement plans to ensure standards are effectively implemented.
- Using data and management information to support evidence based decision making to improve performance, decision-making and to inform future strategy.
- Working with external regulators
Based in Bedfordshire, but role involves travel across the East Anglia region. You must hold a valid driving licence.
Salary: £65,000 plus benefits
You will be a passionate safety professional who can demonstrate you have succeeded in advancing safety culture in the past. You must be able to demonstrate you have previously worked at very senior levels in an organisation, where you have worked with leadership teams and have influenced and driven Health and Safety strategies. You will be able to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply and accurately as well as having demonstrable experience in managing and assuring health and safety in design or construction, preferably working for a major infrastructure asset owner or developer.
You will ideally be CMIOSH or at the very minimum working towards CMIOSH, holding the NEBOSH diploma or equivalent. You will also have the ability to prioritise workloads against tight deadlines and to effectively manage team priorities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.