Regional Health and Safety Advisor (Construction)
Manchester | £45,000 + Car
Irwin & Colton are currently working with one of the UK's largest construction companies to recruit a Regional Health and Safety Advisor. This company takes pride in the development of its employees and the long term relationships it builds with clients. This is a diverse company with projects ranging from the construction of hospitals through to distribution centers, accommodation, schools and retail sites, with many projects over £100m in value.
This role is a great opportunity to truly grow and develop with an organisation who are expanding and where health and safety sits at the top of the agenda.
Responsibilities for the Regional Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Visiting sites, engaging with site managers and undertaking health and safety audits
- Offering advice and solutions to the site teams to assist in the implementation of the health and safety policies
- Preparing, developing and delivering training internally to staff where required
- Investigating accidents and incidents and identifying the root cause
The successful Regional Health and Safety Advisor candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within construction, civil engineering, demolition or a related industry
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and ideally working toward or hold diploma level or NVQ level 5
- Genuine enthusiasm for health and safety and the drive to make a difference
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to tailor a message and communicate succinctly to a range of stakeholders
Regular site travel will be required for this role. A UK Driving License is essential.
Contact James Irwin on or 01923 432 632.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.