Regional Health & Safety Advisor (Waste / Recycling)
Location: Birmingham, covering Midlands Region
Salary: £38,000 - £42,000 plus car, bonus and excellent benefits
We've been engaged by one of the leading integrated waste management companies in the UK to recruit a Regional Health & Safety Advisor. The role is focused on promoting a positive Health & Safety culture and to improve health and safety performance across the Midlands region of the company.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking and progressive Health & Safety team who are always looking to continually improve and strive for best practice.
Responsibilities of the Regional Health & Safety Advisor will include:
- Promote a positive health and safety culture across your regional area, seeking best practice at every opportunity
- Support and advise sites teams to help them meet company standards and procedures
- Regularly visit assigned sites, auditing health, safety and quality performance
- Assist senior management with the implementation of new campaigns and company-wide initiatives
- Support the ongoing review and improvement of management systems in line with company policy
The successful Regional Health & Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within waste, environmental service or a related industry
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent and ideally membership of a relevant professional body (i.e IOSH)
- The ability to influence and engage with all levels of the organisation
- An enthusiastic and positive approach to health and safety
- Environmental awareness or qualifications would be an advantage (i.e IEMA Cert)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leader in their field within a team that supports continued professional development and progression. A UK Driver's license is essential for this role. For further details and to apply please contact Michael Colton on 01923 432 633.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.