Health & Safety; Design Management; CDM; Architectural; Chartered
Your new company
Hays are recruiting for a specialist civil's and engineering team that specialise in delivering clean water and energy. Building iconic skyscrapers. Planning new cities. Restoring damaged environments. Connecting people and economies with roads, bridges, tunnels and transit systems. Designing parks where children play. Helping governments maintain stability and security.
Your new role
To manage and direct projects, be the main Client Contact, prepare bids and proposals and assist with the management of the H&S Services Team.
- Managing the role of Principal Designer under the CDM Regulations
- Providing Health & Safety consultancy services to clients
- Preparation of fee proposals - attendance at Risk Committee and required client presentations/assessments
- Review and agreement of fee proposals prepared by other staff
- Executing and completing projects
- Providing point of contact for client(s)
- Project Manager on ePM
- Ensuring projects are technically correct
- Ensuring QA and Health and Safety Responsibilities are discharged
- Management of the overall team - review of projects, sold time, GM, NM etc
- Line management of staff at various levels
- PERSON SPECIFICATION: What the job holder must have to fulfil the role.
- All information listed below should strictly relate to job requirements and should not refer to gender, age, marital status, social class, colour, race, ethnic origin, creed, disability or religion. A * denotes essential for the role.
- Prepare fee proposals, review terms of engagement and associated risks
- Present to Clients and all levels of staff including executives
- Able to undertake project reviews*
- Knowledge of the design process*
- Expert knowledge of health and safety legislation
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree qualified
- Experience in design/construction
- Experience in Health & Safety
- NEBOSH General Certificate / Construction Certificate
- Membership of Association for Project Safety
- NEBOSH Diploma (not essential)
What you'll get in return
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Life Insurance
- Plus other benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.