Bernard Sims Associates is an award winning, long-established and independent health and safety consultancy, specialising in construction and CDM services. We operate UK wide and due to further growth are now looking to appoint 2 additional experienced full-time Principal Designers/CDM Consultants. One role to be based in the Manchester area and the other within a reasonable radius Edinburgh, Scotland.
We work on hundreds of construction projects every year for a strong and prestigious client portfolio in retail and leisure and a variety of other sectors, and have an ongoing commitment to providing an excellent service to our clients and being a great company to work for.
In this role you will be responsible for providing Principal Designer services and effectively managing and co-ordinating a range of multiple projects.
To be considered for these roles applicants must have the following:-
- An in depth knowledge of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- Be self- motivated and comfortable with working as part of a team in order to deliver an excellent level of service.
- A pro-active and positive “can-do attitude”
- At least 4-5 years construction related experience
- Good IT skills and the ability to produce high quality documentation and reports
- Excellent time management skills along with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with design and project teams to ensure issues are highlighted and good practice followed
To apply for these roles you must have a NEBOSH General and NEBOSH Construction Certificate with relevant post-qualification experience. You must also be Tech IOSH or above and hold Incorporated or Certified Membership of APS. Ideally you should have a relevant design qualification and a relevant degree or equivalent.
We offer a supportive and friendly working environment and good opportunities for career development and CPD, along with a competitive package including car allowance, generous pension scheme and 26 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays. All applicants must possess a full UK driving licence and their own vehicle
For further information please e-mail your CV along with salary expectations and a covering email stating which location you are interested in to email@example.com