Principal CDM / H&S Advisor
We are looking for an experienced CDM/H&S professional to lead the growth of our CDM and Workplace Safety services across the North West and support the delivery of our Safety Management services nationally and internationally.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Safety Management team (over 30 professionals) providing CDM/Construction Safety, Workplace Safety and Fire Safety services to our diverse client base. We work in most sectors and have an impressive portfolio of work including frameworks with a number of blue chip clients.
Working as part of a large multi-disciplinary practice, you will provide support to in house design teams and external designers to discharge the Principal Designer role, provide CDM advice for clients as well as construction safety advice for contractors. You will also be required to promote and deliver a range of workplace safety services in operational environments. The role can be based in Manchester or Liverpool.
You will be responsible for providing a range of CDM / H&S services including;
- CDM adviser to Client services
- Client CDM policy, procedures and management arrangements
- CDM capability assessments of duty holders (SSiP / PAS91)
- F10 - Notification of Project to HSE
- Monitor arrangements
- Construction Phase Plan / welfare reviews
- CDM / design reviews
- Site safety compliance audits and inspection
- Health and Safety File review
- Principal Designer and PD adviser services
- Design Risk Management
- CDM reviews & workshops
- Hazard identification and CDM risk registers
- Build-ability reviews
- Designing for safe use - workplace regulations
- Safe access and maintenance strategies (building and services)
- Pre-Construction Information
- Health and Safety Files
- Principal Contractor support services
As part of the role you will be expected to promote and develop safety management services with other disciplines in the Manchester/Liverpool office as well as other offices in the Northern region. In addition to providing CDM services, for suitable candidates, there may be opportunities to work with our workplace and fire safety teams.
- We are looking for an impressive character with a 'go-getting' attitude who will deliver work to a high standard. You will be pro-active in meeting client requirements and identifying new opportunities.
- You should be comfortable working with people at all levels from clients to designers and contractors. You will be excellent at building and maintaining relationships internal and external.
- Ideally you will be a chartered member of IOSH (minimum Tech IOSH) and a certified member of the APS with at least 5 years construction safety experience (ideally over 10) and a background in design and/or construction.