An Occupational Safety Lead is required on behalf of a leading Aviation company based in the Bedfordshire region for a 5-month contract duration.
Reporting to the Head of Occupational Safety, the Occupational Safety Lead will support the development, administration and maintenance of an effective Health and Safety management system.
• Support the development, administration and maintenance of an effective Health and Safety management system;
• Support the Head of Occupational Safety in ensuring the Health and Safety Management System is compliant with all applicable standards
• Facilitate and monitor the health and safety risk management process including;
• the implementation of actions taken to control risks, as listed in the safety plan;
• the reporting of, investigation and follow-up of internal occurrence/accident investigations;
• and provide reports to the appropriate safety meetings;
• Act as business partner on OH&S in the UK;
• For non-UK operations, support local teams in meeting company policies and national regulation
• Maintaining and facilitating an OH&S manual
• Managing the delivery of OH&S training
• Promoting OH&S through publications and campaigns
• Escalating safety concerns through normal business channels
• Undertake reviews and write reports as requested
• Previous track record and experience in a senior Health & Safety role at leadership level
• Experience of working in a highly regulated and commercial environment
• Experience of operating within a public-facing, commercially-aware organisation
• Experience of advising on a wide range of technical OH&S issues including work equipment, machinery, display screens, fire safety, engineering maintenance, construction and refurbishment.
• NEBOSH General (minimum)
• NEBOSH Diploma (desirable)
• OHSAS 18001 Qualification
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent IT skills